Monday 27 April 2009

Post "the Duke"

Well, Always nice to catch up with the Duke ( www.dukespecial.com ) at the bizarre venue the Thekla, in Bristol. I got to go with one of me mates (Philly Blunt) and got in on the guest list with our silly code names (dont ask...). Great gig and caught up with some of the guys as well. 'Foreign slippers' were the support act - lush lush lush! Was going for the EP, but it woz sold out :-( (they MUST have been good for me to go to purchase music AT the gig!).
Inspirational....
I NEED to get writing, but i always struggle for material to write about, but now i actually realise that i have all the material right here in front of me!
So...my plan (coz i am crap at writing or at least, getting started...):
  1. Use my note book
  2. take it with me
  3. Use it.
  4. write and play my instruments more.
So, my Upright bass will probably stay (i woz gonna sell it) and i will learn a bit more piano....need to play and pick Mr Nick Hydes brain on this one. Also Mr Alvis has a piano, and i shall travel up and try to use it as a lame excuse to hook up, drink beer and walk the walk together (i'll sort a date out with you Al!...).

Till then, check out the track "I wish i were a fisherman" from the foreign slippers....go on... www.myspace.com/foreignslippers

Later dudeos!

1 comment:

  1. coming to see me sounds nice.
    However you seem to have forgotten about the restraining order.

    ReplyDelete