Friday 10 April 2009

Man...where does the time go?? Sometimes i have so much space, but am so busy that i cant fit stuff in. At times being organised isn't a strong point - i like to be able to have my calendar in my head but that won't work so i have to resort to other things. Things like diaries etc...
Now, the best online application is undoubtably Googlemail. You get a great calendar which is really powerful, but the advantages for me are:
  • you can quick add an event - click the day you want to add an event, and you then get a 'one line box' for your event name and time. Thats it.. if you want to add more, then you can but it's very 'fuss free'
  • You can access it via your phone, so its great for online and offline. Just have to use it more now!
Anyway...like my Carey says - "write yourself a list". I try, but even my lists are unorganised!
Life is complicated most of the time for me. I always found that a lot of my life was/is spent waiting. When i was nursing in Stockton, Carey would start earlier than me, so i would get a lift in with her - which meant sitting in our fiat Punto (usually when it was cold or raining!!) in the hospital car park from about 6:50am till 8:30am. This saved me from an even longer & earlier journey on the bus. Good, but lots of hanging around. This seems to have hung with me.
Take my beatboxing at butlins in the school holidays - journying by train and bus..finish at 18:45 and get back home at 00:30ish. It is lots of hanging around. I vividly remember waiting at Taunton station for a train, with 40 mins to wait, with just my walkman to keep me company. Quite lonley really - i never thought i would be doing this when i was 15. How much longer will i be doing this?
So, doom and gloom aside, its time to get a longer term plan together. Not sure how but God's working it out - i just wish he'd tell me a bit more. S'pose i should ask i guess!!!
Anyway....today i have hired a car so it makes the hanging around less.
I cant afford another car - not sure i would want to...too much money and hassle. I like the idea of simplifying life and hopefully the clarity that it would bring. Will that ever happen??? its all questions, questions, questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment