Tuesday 19 May 2009

Old Graffiti from way back....(black book stuff)

Sometimes, as a writer (a graffiti writer), you get OBSESSED by things like your name. Some of these sketches are words that have a bigger meaning than that. These are sketches from an old black book i started in about 1989, and i kept it updated over my time in NGM. They start as pencil outlines then they would get coloured and finally, the outline would be done. I kinda like the simplicity of the outline, so some never really further than that. The first picture is the word "changed". If we aren't changed by Jesus, then whats the point of looking and doing "Christian" things.

Hey...here is my name (ACE2). Its done in two styles - straight (like a whole car, top to bottom piece) and future wildstyle. I used to call myself "Krazy Ace", then "ACE1". When i decided to follow Christ, i couldn't put myself first, so hence "ACE2"....there...now you know!
"Fresh". Simple. Clean. Again, one day i will colour it!
And a block letter style - "Comic". Complete with wet smudges and highlights. Done around the time of meeting another writer who was a Christian. We couldn't get over the fact that we both loved to write!

I guess its all old stuff, but i thought we could do a bit of a retro thing for a giggle!
I'll get round to posting some newer stuff soon, with even some Characters and people included (not a strong point, so i am going out of my way to learn some new styles!).

(p.s: Copyright Stu Robson, so don't even think it!)

If you would like a tattoo based on a theme, name or word then let me know and i could oblige!

See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's possible to put "copyright stu ..." on your photos. what?! Me suggesting something to do with computers?

    ReplyDelete